25 September 2020 - Administrative positions were the most viewed jobs or occupations in the recently concluded 2020 Government Online Career Fair (GOCF) jointly conducted by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Jobstreet.com from 14 to 18 September 2020.
According to data sent by Jobstreet.com, the Top 10 Most Viewed Jobs consisted of:
1. Administrative Assistant
2. Data Encoder
3. Administrative Assistant III (Secretary II) (Internal Audit Service)
4. Staff Officer II
5. Administrative Assistant II
6. Staff Officer I
7. Administrative Assistant I (Secretary)
8. Engineer II
9. Administrative Assistant II
10. Revenue Officer I (Non-Assessment)
All are first level or administrative/clerical positions, except for Engineer II and Revenue Officer I (Non-Assessment) which are second level or technical/professional positions.
Meanwhile, the Top 10 Most Visited Agencies consisted of:
1. Home Development Mutual Fund
2. Department of Education
3. Land Bank of the Philippines
4. Philippine National Oil Company
5. Development Bank of The Philippines
6. Bureau of Internal Revenue
7. Professional Regulation Commission
8. Land Registration Authority
9. Technical Education and Skills Development Authority Region X
10. Department of Transportation
The GOCF hosted a total of 7,831 jobs from 705 participating government agencies.
A total of 225,838 individuals registered for the online event; however, 161,442 were able to completely generate a Personal Data Sheet (PDS), a requirement for job application in government.
It raked in 5,801,842 total visits, 270,926 of which were visits from unique individuals.
The CSC said that even if the 2020 GOCF has ended, a large number of government vacancies continue to be posted on the CSC website at www.csc.gov.ph/career.
The 2020 GOCF was part of the activities lined up for the 120th Philippine Civil Service Anniversary (PCSA) in September, an annual celebration to commemorate the establishment of the civil service in the country. It sought to promote easy access to employment opportunities in the public sector by bringing jobseekers and hiring government agencies together in a “virtual job fair”.