8 February 2021 - The Civil Service Commission (CSC) understands the public’s continued interest in the conduct of the Career Service Examination (CSE). We regret that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to make it difficult for the CSC to implement the conduct of examinations especially since public health measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, such as the prohibition of mass gatherings, are as necessary now as they were first imposed in March 2020.
The CSC is carefully studying all possibilities regarding the conduct of examinations for 2021 and beyond, with utmost consideration for the public’s health and safety. With this, the announcement regarding the CSE–Professional and Subprofessional levels to be administered this year would be made once CSC has firmed up the different modes of the conduct of examination and the appropriate schedules thereof.
Meanwhile, alternative means to obtain civil service eligibility by virtue of special laws and relevant CSC issuances are the following:
- Bar/Board Eligibility (R.A. 1080)
- Barangay Health Worker Eligibility (R.A. 7883)
- Barangay Nutrition Scholar Eligibility (P.D. 1569)
- Barangay Official Eligibility (R.A. 7160)
- Electronic Data Processing Specialist Eligibility (CSC Res. 90-083)
- Foreign School Honor Graduate Eligibility (CSC Res. 1302714)
- Honor Graduate Eligibility (P.D. 907)
- Sanggunian Member Eligibility (R.A. 10156)
- Scientific and Technological Specialist Eligibility (P.D. 997)
- Skills Eligibility - Category II (CSC M.C. 11, s. 1996, as Amended)
- Veteran Preference Rating (E.O. 132/790)
Qualified applicants may apply for these eligibilities through CSC’s Regional Offices.