- granted pursuant to CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended by CSC MC No. 10, s. 2013
WHO ARE QUALIFIED FOR THE GRANT OF SKILLS ELIGIBILITY - CATEGORY II
The various skills eligibilities under CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended, are granted to individuals who meet the requirements of positions, qualifications for which are not measurable by written tests, such as plant electrician, automotive mechanic, heavy equipment operator, laboratory technician, shrine curator, carpenter, draftsman, plumber, and others.
Category II - refers to positions listed under CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended, including CSC MC No. 3, s. 2008, the required eligibility for which can be obtained by completing one year of very satisfactory actual work performance under temporary status of appointment.
APPROPRIATENESS OF SKILLS ELIGIBILITY - CATEGORY II
The skills eligibility shall be appropriate for specific categories of positions corresponding to a skill eligibility, as listed under CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended.
Note: Skills eligibilities are not equivalent/comparable to Career Service SubProfessional and Professional eligibilities.
DATE OF EFFECTIVITY OF SKILLS ELIGIBILITY - CATEGORY II
The date of effectivity of a Skill eligibility shall be the date of approval of an application by the CSC Regional concerned.
PERIOD OF FILING OF APPLICATION FOR SKILLS ELIGIBILITY - CATEGORY II
Filing of applications for the grant of skills eligibility under Category II may be done not earlier than one (1) week before the expiration of the one-year temporary appointment.
Filing of applications after expiration of the one-year temporary appointment may be allowed provided the applicant is still in the service holding the same position title as that of the one-year temporary appointment invoked.
General Documentary Requirements
1. Properly accomplished Application Form: CS Form 101-G, Revised Sept. 2013 (for Category II)
2. Three (3) pieces of identical I.D. pictures taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application with specifications, as follows:
a. Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm)
b. Printed on quality photo paper;
c. In white background;
d. In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1” below the chin);
e. In bare face (without eye glasses/colored contact lens, or any accessory that may cover facial features; facial features not computer-enhanced);
f. Showing left and right ears; and
g. With full name tag:
- The name tag must legibly show the applicant’s signature over complete printed name in the format First Name-Middle Initial-Last Name-Extension Name (if any); and
- The name tag should not be computerized, meaning, the applicant should have his/her picture taken while holding his/her written name tag.
3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired) upon filing of application, and bears the applicant’s complete name, picture and signature, and the issuing officer’s name and signature:
a. Current Office/Company I.D.
b. School I.D (must be duly validated for the current school year)
c. SIS UMID
d. SSS I.D.
e. Passport (with signature of the applicant)
f. Driver’s License
g. PRC License
h. BIR/TIN I.D. (ATM type/laminated card with picture type)
i. Police Clearance (with picture)
j. Voter’s I.D.
k. PhilHealth I.D. (ATM type)
l. Postal I.D.
m. Barangay I.D.
Note: Any other I.D. card NOT included in the above list shall NOT be accepted. Alumni, association, membership, and health I.D.s, including ATM cards, shall NOT be accepted.
4. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of the applicant authenticated/issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO);
Note: In case where the NSO-issued Birth Certificate is not legible, or the NSO has duly issued a Negative Certification of Birth (NSO CRS Form No. 1) printed in NSO security form, the applicant shall, in addition, be required to submit the original and photocopy of his/her Birth Certificate that is authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
5. For female married applicants, original and photocopy of Marriage Certificate authenticated/issued by the NSO;
Note: In case where the NSO-issued Marriage Certificate is not legible, the applicant shall, in addition, be required to submit the original and photocopy of his/her Marriage Certificate that is authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
6. Certification executed by the applicant that he/she has no pending administrative and/or criminal case before any court/authorized body, and that he/she has never been found guilty/convicted of any administrative offense and/or crime, using the prescribed CSC SPEL Form 1, April 2012; and
7. If filing of the application is through a representative:
a. Authorization letter executed by the applicant; and
b. Original and photocopy of at least one (1) valid I.D. card of the representative as listed under Item no. 3 hereof.
Specific Documentary Requirements
For Category II
1. Original and photocopy of Appointment Paper of the applicant, specifically indicating the status of appointment as “Temporary”;
2. Certification (using the prescribed CSC-ERPO Cat. II Form No. 1, Revised Oct. 2009) from the agency head/highest HRMO that the appointee obtained at least Very Satisfactory rating for the two rating periods during the one-year temporary appointment;
3. Statement of Actual Duties and Responsibilities (using the prescribed CSC-ERPO Cat. II Form No. 2, January 2011) of the applicant executed by the applicant’s immediate supervisor; and
4. Authenticated copy of the applicant’s Performance Rating Form, duly confirmed by the agency’s Performance Evaluation and Review Committee (PERC), for the two rating periods covered by the one-year temporary appointment.
WHERE TO FILE APPLICATIONS FOR SKILLS ELIGIBILITY - CATEGORY II
Properly accomplished CS Form 101-G (Revised, Sept. 2013), together with the pictures and other documentary requirements, must be submitted to the CSC Regional Office, or any of its Field Offices, having jurisdiction over the TESDA Office where an applicant took a skill test, or the agency where an applicant has completed one year of very satisfactory actual work performance under temporary status of appointment.
MODES OF FILING OF APPLICATION FOR SKILLS ELIGIBILITY - CATEGORY II
A. By the Applicant in Person;
This mode of filing an application involves the applicant himself/herself going to the CSC Regional Office concerned, or to any of its Field Offices, to personally submit his/her application and documentary requirements. This is the most recommended mode of application filing, as this will allow interview of the applicant as to his/her qualifications and other circumstances relevant to his/her application for eligibility grant.
B. Through Representative;
This mode involves a representative of the applicant going to the CSC Regional Office concerned, or to any of its Field Offices, to submit the application and documentary requirements.
Filing of application through a representative shall require the submission of the following additional documents:
- Authorization Letter executed by the applicant; and
- Original and photocopy of at least one (1) valid I.D. card of the representative.
Note: While filing of application may be coursed through a representative, the applicant shall be required to appear personally before the CSC for the proper issuance and acceptance of the Certificate of Eligibility, should the application be approved. Representative/s shall not be allowed to receive the Certificate of Eligibility on behalf of the applicant-grantee.
C. Through Conduit CSC Regional Office (RO); and
This mode involves applicants who have moved to or are presently based in another region that is far-off from the authorized CSC Regional Office (RO) having jurisdiction over their cases.
In this instance, an applicant concerned, or his/her representative, may file the application to the CSCRO nearest the applicant’s present place of residence or work. Said CSCRO shall act as conduit between the applicant and the authorized CSCRO in facilitating acceptance of the application, and release of the corresponding Certificate of Eligibility (COE) should the application for eligibility grant be approved.
This mode of application filing takes time, considering that communications between the conduit CSCRO and the authorized CSCRO are dispatched at least via registered mail.
D. Through Mail
This mode involves the applicant sending his/her application and documentary requirements (including originals) to the CSC Regional Office concerned through either registered mail, or courier. This mode takes time in view of anticipated exchange of communications.
Delays and lost of documents through the negligence of the courier is beyond the control of the CSC Regional Office concerned.
SCHEDULE OF FEES
The schedule of fees for the grant of Skills Eligibility - Category II, which covers two (2) stages, is, as follows:
|Stages of the Grant||Title of Fee||Amount of Fee||When to be Paid|
Evaluation of Application
|Evaluation Fee||Php200.00||Upon filing of application|
Processing of Certificate of Eligibility
|Processing Fee||Php300.00||Only upon approval of application|
Applications filed at the CSC Field Office shall be charged only the Evaluation Fee considering that the applications will be forwarded to the CSC Regional Office for review and final evaluation, and processing of Certificate of Eligibility.
Applications filed through Conduit CSC Regional/Field Office or through Mail (registered mail, or courier) should enclose a Postal Money Order borne in the name of the CSC Regional Office concerned in the amount of Php200.00 representing payment for the Evaluation Fee.