Theme: Journey to the New Normal
In observance of the 120th Philippine Civil Service Anniversary (PCSA) with the theme, “Philippine Civil Service @120: Public Sector in the Age of Transformation”, the CSC will conduct a Photography Contest entitled “Journey to the New Normal”.
This photography contest intends to effectively influence people to observe the right behavior in fighting the Covid-19 Virus. This activity will optimistically express humanity’s desire to show care for each other in times of pandemic.
This activity will serve as an avenue for the creation, appreciation and dissemination of positive imagery, which conveys the beauty and importance of living despite the uncertainty and discomfort brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic. The contestants shall communicate through pictures, the various new norms or behavior which may effectively inspire others on how to deal with the impact of the Covid-19 situation. The photographs must strongly attract the imagination of the viewer to ensure positive outlook in their hearts and minds.
I. This year’s photography contest theme is “Journey to the New Normal”.
II. Contest Duration
Submission of online will end at p.m. (PST) on the 21 AUGUST 2020 . Awarding will be held on the 15 September 2020.
The contest is open to all Filipino public servants except employees of the CSC including their relatives up to second degree of affinity or consanguinity.
IV. Submission of Entries
1. Each participant is allowed to submit only ONE (1) entry. Upon submission of entry, the contestants grant the Civil Service Commission full permission to use the photos in any CSC material.
3. CSC Regional Offices shall only accept entries submitted through email.
Those submitted through other means shall be automatically disqualified.
4. Entries to be submitted shall include the following details:
4.1 Name, sex, age, mailing address, contact number and agency name of participant
4.2 Photo Title
4.3 Photo Caption (1-2 sentences describing the photo and its relevance to the theme
4.4 Place where the photo was taken (barangay, town/municipality, city, province, and region)
4.5 Date when photo was taken
4.6 Camera used
5. File name of photos should be in the following format:
SURNAME, First Name, Middle Initial.
V. Photo Image/Requirements
1. Photos must be all original and must not contain copyrighted materials, violence, nudity or obscenity. Only colored photos will be considered. Black and white or sepia photos will be automatically disqualified.
2. Photos must be in digital JPEG or JPG format (horizontal image or vertical image) with at least 300 dpi and maximum file size of 10MB.
3. Photos must not be digitally altered (colorized, toned, assembled, blended, stitched panorama, etc.) and/or enhanced in any way.
4. Watermarked photos and those that have been previously submitted or have won in any local or international photography contest will be disqualified.
5. Photos to be submitted must have been taken starting July 1, 2020, the official launch of the photo contest.
The criteria for judging will be as follows:
|Content and Adherence to Theme||30%|
|Visual Impact (including color and lighting)||25%|
|Creativity and Originality||25%|
Grand Prizes (National Level)
Top 3 Regional Winners
VIII. Selection of Winners
Then entries will undergo regional screening through a panel of judges, and a final screening at the CSC Central Office. The judges at the final phase will select the top three (3) entries to be proclaimed 1st, 2nd and 3rd National Winners on the 15th of September 2020. The decision of the judges shall be final and not appealable.
Proclamation of Winners:
Winners will be notified via e-mail.
The winning photos will also be announced and showcased in the CSC website (www.csc.gov.ph) and Facebook Page.