*UPDATE: Per Examination Advisory No. 6, s. 2021, the conduct of the CSE-FSO in San Fernando City, La Union (Region I) was deferred in view of the latest directive from the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office. Appropriate changes have been made to the article.
The Civil Service Commission (CSC) deferred the conduct of the Career Service Examination for Foreign Service Officer (CSE-FSO), scheduled on 12 September 2021, in nine* (9) testing centers in light of COVID-19 restrictions imposed by local authorities in the affected locations.
The CSE-FSO was deferred in Quezon City in National Capital Region; San Fernando City, La Union* in Region I; Tuguegarao City and Ilagan, Isabela in Region II; City of San Fernando, Pampanga in Region III; Lucena City, Region IV; Legazpi City, Region V; Cagayan de Oro City, Region X; and Davao City, Region XI.
Meanwhile, the CSE-FSO will push through in five* (5) other testing centers, namely: Iloilo City and Bacolod City in Region VI; Cebu City, Region VII; Zamboanga City, Region IX; and Baguio City in Cordillera Administrative Region.
The CSC also announced that the testing venue in Cebu City has been changed from University of Cebu-Banilad Campus to Cebu Normal University in Osmeña Boulevard.
The CSC reminded examinees that only those wearing both face mask and face shield will be allowed to enter the testing venue and to take the exam.
They should be at the testing venue not later than 6:30 a.m.
Examinees should wear proper attire. Sleeveless shirt/blouse, shorts/short pants, tokong pants, ripped jeans, and slippers are not allowed. Moreover, long hair for both male and female examinees must be tied.
They are strongly advised to bring only the following things on examination day:
• ID card, preferably the same ID card presented during filing of application. If the ID card to be presented for admission is different from the one presented during filing of application, the examinee must present any of the other accepted ID cards for civil service exam, which is preferably valid (not expired) on exam day.
• Original of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority or the Local Civil Registry, if the ID card has no date of birth.
• Health Declaration Form accomplished within 24 hours prior to taking the exam (a copy of which is available on the CSC website at www.csc.gov.ph)
• Certificate of Consent (also available on the CSC website)
• Black ball pen/s. Strictly no borrowing of ball pen/s.
• Personal alcohol or hand sanitizer not more than 100 mL in size.
Examinees may also bring water in clear or transparent container as well as candies or biscuits, which shall be inspected by the Room Examiner/Proctor. However, drinking may only be done outside the testing room, one at a time, and only upon the approval of the Room Examiner. Thus, water containers should be placed inside examinee’s bag and brought out only when allowed to go out and drink.
Examinees are prohibited from bringing with them to their seats gadgets such as cellular phones, smart phones or smart watches, calculators, books and other printed materials, and similar items. Examinees will be asked to deposit these and all other personal belongings in the designated area before occupying their assigned seat.
The conduct of orientation for examinees on exam day shall be temporarily lifted in observance of COVID-19 health protocols. Thus, examinees are urged to read thoroughly Examination Advisory No. 04, s. 2021 on Testing Venue/School Assignment and Important Reminders, as well as read/watch and fully understand the Examinee’s Guide and/or Video, which already serve as the briefing material, sent to examinees via email approximately one week before exam day.