ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Job Order Limitations

More
6 years 8 months ago #241 by Eric
Eric created the topic: Job Order Limitations
Hi Admin!

I want to know what can you say about my concern.
According to the CSC COA DBM Joint Circular No. 01, s. 2017 under 7.0 Limitation it states that

xxx

7.2 Hiring of Job Order workers shall be limited to emergency or intermittent work,
such as clearing of debris on the roads, canals, waterways, etc. after natural/
man-made disasters/occurrences; other trades and crafts, and manual tasks
such as carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, and the like which are not
part of the regular functions of the agency.
7.2 Contract of service and job order workers should not, in any case, be made to
perform functions which are part of the job description of the agency's existing
regular employees.

7.3 Contract of service and job order workers should not be designated to
positions exercising control or supervision over regular and career employees.

xxx

CONCERN:
I am currently employed as a job order in our agency. I perform the duties and function of Admin Assistant III which is currently vacant because it is what is written in my contract.
Does our agency violated the limitation as stated in the joint circular?

Thank you for your response.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #258 by Action Officer
Action Officer replied the topic: Job Order Limitations
Pursuant to the above cited joint circular, it is very clear that contract of service and job order workers should not, in any case, be made to perform functions which are part of the job description of the agency's existing regular employees.

However, as to the violation of this circular by your agency, it is premature and unjust to tackle its accountability in this forum.

A complaint must first be lodged before the Commission or its regional offices.

More
6 years 8 months ago #269 by Eric
Eric replied the topic: Job Order Limitations
Hi there!

This is only a suggestion. I think CSC should have a review committee for the job order employees. There should be a time where a CSC personnel shall visit a certain Government agency where they will review the current status of the job orders. For example, CSC must check whether the job order is performing the duties/functions of a regular employees, like my case.
Thank you.

More
6 years 7 months ago #363 by marie
marie replied the topic: Job Order Limitations
Hello!
Same here i am a Job Order employee and i perform the duties of a regular employee.. I hope the CSC will check all Government agency regarding the duties of Job Order employee especially here in Region 8 particularly Tacloban City. :)
Question ADMIN about deductions of salary of Job Order Employee.. Is it necessary to deduct a withholding tax for job order employees? Is it Nationwide implementation?
Thank you

More
6 years 7 months ago #386 by Action Officer
Action Officer replied the topic: Job Order Limitations
In the CSC, we are deducting taxes from our job order employees.

More
6 years 3 months ago #762 by leah
leah replied the topic: Job Order Limitations
hi admin.

i am not an job order employee but a contract of service with a minimum wage of 280/day. my agency deducts taxes on our salary, shouldn't minimum wager be excempted on tax payment?