ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question ABUSE OF AUTHORITY & NEGLECT OF DUTY BY THE SALAY LGU (MISAMIS ORIENTAL) HR

More
6 years 9 months ago #232 by CHARLIE C. ARAZO
CHARLIE C. ARAZO created the topic: ABUSE OF AUTHORITY & NEGLECT OF DUTY BY THE SALAY LGU (MISAMIS ORIENTAL) HR
SIR/MADAM:

In as much as the findings of CSC Regional Office at Cagayan de Oro City may be correct, I honestly cannot find the sense of social responsibility in this instance.

True, there was (perhaps) a violation of CSC MC No.3 Series of 2001 (Revised Policies on Merit Promotion Plan), under Section 78 Revised Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Services (RRACCS) which provides a 15-day reglementary period. However, isn't not the responsibility of the LGU of Salay to act on said matter within the proper period as required by CSC regulation? Moreover, since the CSC Regional Office of Cagayan de Oro City was already aware of the good intention of former Salay Mayor Gue, how come they immediately disapproved the said appointment without due regard to the facts or basis of the Mayor's recommendation of permanent status on November 16, 2015? Please be reminded that all the employees, as recommended by Mayor Gue, are good performing employees, honest and have been employees of the LGU for more than 10 years or so. We were not even informed of the said disapproval. What exactly was the basis of disapproval by Director Cosette Mundo in this regard? Good ethics and social responsibility will say that she should have instructed CSC staff to conduct a personal visit and interview of the people involved in the recommendation. Can mere documents be the only basis of her decision? This seem to be unfair to us who have served the LGU for many years. It is sad the Government never noticed our dedication and good performance, which were the reasons why Mayor Gue recommended us for permanent position.

On top of this, when the HR of Salay LGU knew of the 15 days reglementary period, how come he (Audie Baang) never filed it on the right time? Was this done on purpose? Isn't this an abuse of authority and/or negligence on his part? Moreover, how come the CSC Regional Office of Cagayan de Oro City never took notice of this lapse and/or even reminded him that the deadline was nearing? Aren't we, as public servants, supposed to rightfully serve our clients (internal or external) the proper way, with quality on our mind? Can you call this public service at all? I always believe that there is such a thing proper coordination and communication amongst Government offices. Customer (internal/external) satisfaction and anticipation are basic quality management practices. We, the people who were unfairly treated in this regard, have all the right to complain and be given justice that is due to us, too!

Please consider all these facts I have mentioned. I am sorry for sounding too emotional, but I cannot help but say the truth. I beg for your consideration and immediate intervention. I have been unemployed for more than 6 months, on top of the sad situation that I am now a widow with children under my care. I do pray that the Government hear my plea, and I humbly address this to our beloved President. Please help us, the now unemployed former employees of Salay LGU who dedicated our time, energy and resources to be an efficient/effective government public servant. When we were asked to do overtime, we accepted it wholeheartedly without question and this became a regular request to us. Now after all the good intentions we gave, this is what we receive -- an indifference and neglect.

As an aside, why is it that the CSC website mail does not function anymore? Do you have an email address where I can write directly to the Commission and/or Deputy Commissioner?

Thank you very much.

Respectfully,

CHARLIE C. ARAZO
0915-854-3896.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #245 by Action Officer 5
Action Officer 5 replied the topic: ABUSE OF AUTHORITY & NEGLECT OF DUTY BY THE SALAY LGU (MISAMIS ORIENTAL) HR
Please be advised that decisions issued by CSC Regional Offices affirming the disapproval/invalidation of appointment by the CSC Field Office may still be appealed, through a petition for review, to the Commission within fifteen (15) days from receipt of such decision.

With regards your query on possible administrative action against the HR of Salay LGU for alleged neglect of duty, please be informed that the Salay LGU Mayor and the CSC Regional Office No. X have concurrent jurisdiction over administrative cases filed against Salay LGU officers and employees. As such, administrative complaints against said officers and employees may be filed etiher at the Office of the Salay LGU Mayor or at the CSC Regional Office No. 10.

Requests for formal written legal opinions form the CSC may be sent through e-mail at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

We hope that we have enlightened you on this matter. Thank you.

More
6 years 9 months ago #287 by CHARLIE C. ARAZO
CHARLIE C. ARAZO replied the topic: ABUSE OF AUTHORITY & NEGLECT OF DUTY BY THE SALAY LGU (MISAMIS ORIENTAL) HR
What if there was a connivance between the current Mayor and the HR Manager? It is not my (or our) fault that the 15 days lapsed. It was deliberately done so we won't be hired. Even the CSC Regional Office never took action to help us. They favored the Mayor and/or the decision that we cannot be hired because the 15 days allowance already lapsed. Now, is that our fault? We have no control over the processing time and/or standard operating procedures of CSC and/or LGU Salay.

More
6 years 9 months ago #308 by Action Officer 3
Action Officer 3 replied the topic: ABUSE OF AUTHORITY & NEGLECT OF DUTY BY THE SALAY LGU (MISAMIS ORIENTAL) HR
Please be informed that the rules on appeal on invalidated or disapproved appointment are provided under the Revised Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service (RRACCS), thus:
“Section 77. Invalidation or Disapproval; Who May Appeal. – Either the appointing authority or the appointee may assail the invalidation or disapproval of an appointment.

“Section 78. Where and When to File. – Appointments invalidated or disapproved by the CSCFO may be appealed to the CSCRO while those invalidated or disapproved by the CSCRO may be appealed to the Commission within the fifteen (15) day reglementary period.

“To facilitate prompt actions on invalidated or disapproved appointments, motions for reconsideration filed with the CSCFO shall be treated as an appeal to the CSCRO and a Motion for Reconsideration at the CSCRO will be treated as an appeal to the Commission and all the records thereof including the comments of the CSCFO or CSCRO shall, within ten (10) days from receipt of the latter, be forwarded to the CSCRO or the Commission as the case may be.
“The action of the CSCRO concerned may be appealed to the Commission within fifteen (15) days from receipt thereof.” (Underscoring for emphasis)
Based from the above provision, it is either the Mayor, as the appointing authority or the appointees, including you, who may file the appeal.
Any requests for formal written legal opinions from the CSC may be sent via e-mail at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

We hope that we have enlightened you on this matter.

Thank you.