ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question STEP INCREMENT

More
5 years 4 months ago #1585 by Action Officer 12
Action Officer 12 replied the topic: STEP INCREMENT
Section 58 (b), Rule 10 of the 2017 Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service (2017 RACCS) provides that:

Section 58. Effects of Exoneration on Certain Penalties. The following rules shall govern when the decision is for exoneration:

xxx

b. In case of demotion, the respondent shall be entitled to restoration of former salary grade with the same salary step and payment of salary differentials during the period the demotion was imposed.

We hope we have been of service to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #3407 by Wilbert C. Venzon
Wilbert C. Venzon replied the topic: STEP INCREMENT
Good day. I was appointed SHS Teacher II dated June 1, 2016 under the TVL ICT Strand. During the hiring process i was able to submit requirements according to the position but was disapproved July 2019 due to lack of TMC I. On that note, I was unable to submit TMC I Certificate since I am on the process of TMC I Assessment in TESDA. Before the submission of my documents by our HRD to CSC Iba, Zambales I was able to submit the TMC I Certificate to our SDO but unfortunately it was not included upon the submission of my requirements to CSC. Because of that I was notified by SDO for termination of service effective immediately dated July 30, 2017. I did write a complain and request for a re-evaluation of my documents to our Superintendent and also inquire to CSC Iba, Zambales for reconsideration. After 2 weeks of processing, I was able to return to service dated August 23, 2017. On this matter, I was unable to be included in step increment due to disapproved appointment. I am an Outstanding Teacher for 3 consecutive years. Am I allowed to apply for a Step Increment due to meritorious performance? or Length of Service?

Thank you for your response.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #9500 by Michelle
Michelle replied the topic: STEP INCREMENT
Can you please elaborate further on the step increment due to meritorious performance?

So if a teacher gets 2 outstanding performance ratings, will that teacher automatically receive 2 step increments?

Does the 5 percent apply to the DepEd as a whole? What if many teachers get outstanding ratings, who will be included in that 5 percent? Thanks.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Michelle.

More
2 years 1 month ago #9588 by Io Guaring
Io Guaring replied the topic: STEP INCREMENT
Sir, I am formerly a SG-16 employee but we do not apply the step increment because we receive longevity pay as specified by the Magna Carta for Science and Technology Workers. Now, I transferred to DENR under an SG-15 item. This is a voluntary demotion as I applied to the job voluntarily. They are applying the rules on step increment. Am I entitled to a Step 3 increment (9 years in service) if in my previous job we did not have a step increment as explained earlier? Thank you.

More
2 years 1 month ago #9607 by Action Officer 21
Action Officer 21 replied the topic: STEP INCREMENT
Hi Io,

Please be informed that as a matter of policy, this Commission does not render opinion/ruling on issues that may eventually be, or is actually, a subject of a complaint or appeal before it.

Nevertheless, please be advised, that Item 6.1 of CSC-DBM Joint Circular No. 1, s. 2012 provide, that:

One (1) Step Increment Due to Length of Service shall be granted to qualified personnel for every three (3) years of continuous satisfactory service in the present position.

Further, Item 6.5 states, that:

An official or employee authorized to be granted Longevity Pay under an existing law is not eligible for the grant of Step Increment Due to Length of Service.

As such, the period that you were covered by the Magna Carta for Science and Technology Workers shall not be included in the counting of the years of continuous service as provided in Item 6.1 as cited above.

It is hoped that we have guided you on the matter.