ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Study Leave Extension

More
2 years 4 months ago #9168 by Jenn Cantos
Jenn Cantos created the topic: Study Leave Extension
Dear Sir/Maam,

Greetings!

I am government employee with permanent appointment and was granted a 6-month-study leave starting on June 7, 2021 and will end on December 6, 2021. The same was for the purpose of taking the Bar Examinations which was scheduled for November 2021.

However, with the Covid-19 situation in our country, the Supreme Court decided, on September 28,2021, to reset the Bar Examinations from November 2021 to January 16, 23, 30, and February 6, 2022. Such proclamation was made during the effectivity of my study leave.

Considering that this is beyond my control, can my study leave be extended?

Thank you and God bless.

Sincerely,
Gypsy Arquio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9188 by Action Officer 21
Action Officer 21 replied the topic: Study Leave Extension
As a matter of policy, this Office refrains from rendering categorical opinion on matters and issues that may later on be the subject of an administrative proceeding before the Commission either via an appeal or a complaint. This is to preclude the possibility of prejudgment should an actual administrative case be commenced or instituted based on the said matters or issues.

Nevertheless, considering that the grant of study leave is by virtue of a contract between the agency and the officer or employee, it is advised to discuss the same with the head of your office or agency on how to properly utilize/maximize the period of said leave.

It is hoped to have enlightened you on the matter.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9189 by Action Officer 21
Action Officer 21 replied the topic: Study Leave Extension
As a matter of policy, this Office refrains from rendering categorical opinion on matters and issues that may later on be the subject of an administrative proceeding before the Commission either via an appeal or a complaint. This is to preclude the possibility of prejudgment should an actual administrative case be commenced or instituted based on the said matters or issues.

Nevertheless, considering that the grant of study leave is by virtue of a contract between the agency and the officer or employee, it is advised to discuss the same with the head of your office or agency on how to properly utilize/maximize the period of said leave.

It is hoped to have enlightened you on the matter.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9192 by Jenn Cantos
Jenn Cantos replied the topic: Study Leave Extension
Hello,

Good day.

I truly appreciate your response on the matter and as what can be gleaned therefrom, will it mean that the act of extending my study leave, provided that my head of agency approves the same, for a period exceeding 6 months will be subject to an administrative proceeding before the Commission?

I understand that there shall be no extension allowed. However, is there any exemption to the rule considering that the resetting of the Bar Examinations, as a consequence of the pandemic, is subject to no one's absolute control?

Thank you and God bless.

Sincerely,
Gypsy

More
2 years 3 months ago #9319 by Jenn Cantos
Jenn Cantos replied the topic: Study Leave Extension
Hello,

Good day.

I truly appreciate your response on the matter and as what can be gleaned therefrom, will it mean that the act of extending my study leave, provided that my head of agency approves the same, for a period exceeding 6 months will be subject to an administrative proceeding before the Commission?

I understand that there shall be no extension allowed. However, is there any exemption to the rule considering that the resetting of the Bar Examinations, as a consequence of the pandemic, is subject to no one's absolute control?

Thank you and God bless.

Sincerely,
Gypsy