The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Reverting of surname

  • Liam
  • Liam's Avatar Topic Author
2 years 6 months ago #9217 by Liam
Liam created the topic: Reverting of surname
Given the fact that the CSC abides the Civil Code of the Philippines when it comes to the use of surname, and under Sections 370, Rule XIII of the CCP, it states that:

Article 370. A married woman may use:

(1) Her maiden first name and surname and add her husband's surname, or

(2) Her maiden first name and her husband's surname or

(3) Her husband's full name, but prefixing a word indicating that she is his wife, such as "Mrs."

Can a woman opt to revert her surname to her maiden name when she chose to use to use "her maiden first name and surname and add her husband's surname" but thereafter decided to drop her husband's surname? If so, what does she need to have her documents changed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 6 months ago #9269 by Action Officer 23
Action Officer 23 replied the topic: Reverting of surname
Good day Sir/Maam.

Please be informed that as a policy, the Commission does not render opinions/rulings on issues that may eventually be the subject of a complaint or appeal before it. This is especially so if the material facts necessary to a judicious adjudication of the issues are not fully presented or substantiated as in this case. Nevertheless, we will cite the pertinent provision/s under the Civil Service rules and applicable jurisprudence that will best answer your query/ies.

Section 8, Rule 2 of the 2017 Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service (CSC Resolution No. 1701077 dated July 3, 2017), specifically provides: Section 8. Cases cognizable by the Regional Offices. Except as otherwise directed by the Commission, the CSC ROs shall take cognizance of the following cases . . . 3. Requests for corrections of personal information in the records of the Commission.”

We hope to have of service to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum