ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Idea CSC-DBM Joint Circular No.1 s. 2015

More
6 years 2 months ago #1035 by desiree
desiree created the topic: CSC-DBM Joint Circular No.1 s. 2015
I am a daily-casual employee of a GOCC. I am issued Travel Orders that directs me to attend to official concerns outside the Province and beyond the 50 or 80 kilometer radius of the Office, and usually, I travel on weekends (leaving my official station on Sunday, and back to official station on Saturday), as I am not allowed to choose my travel day. My questions are as follows, and please include bases of your answers for possible enlightenment of the sender and our Office HR:
1. Can the time spent complying with Travel Order on weekends considered a compensable work-day?
2. Can I collect my basic daily rate for work rendered during the weekends, as I am daily casual employee?
2. As weekend work is not among my usual 8-5 workday, can it be considered as overtime work subject to overtime pay?

At the moment, I am only allowed to collect per diems for according to our HR, Section 7.0 (7.3) of the CSC-DBM Joint Resolution No.1, as I am on travel status hence no overtime pay. I have the contention that I should be paid my basic daily rate with overtime pay on my weekend travels as I am not being paid on week-ends being a daily-casual employee. Please explain clearly the Joint Circular.

Thank you and more power!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #1082 by Action Officer 12
Action Officer 12 replied the topic: CSC-DBM Joint Circular No.1 s. 2015
Please be informed that as a matter of policy, the Commission does not render opinions or rulings on issues that may be the subject of a complaint or appeal before it. This is so especially when there are material facts necessary to the judicious adjudication of the issues which are not fully represented or substantiated as in this case.

Nonetheless, please be guided by the following provisions of CSC-DBM Joint Circular No. 2, s. 2015 dated November 25, 2015:

3.0 General Policies on Overtime Services

3.1 The rendition of overtime services shall be authorized only when extremely necessary, such as when a particular work or activity cannot be completed within the regular work hours and that noncompletion of the same will: a) cause financial loss to the government or its instrumentalities; b) embarrass the government due to its inability to meet its commitments; or c) negate the purposes for which the work or activity was conceived.

3.2 As a general rule, the remuneration for overtime services shall be through CTO, in accordance with the guidelines under the CSC-DBM Joint Circulars No. 2, s. 2004 and No. 2-A. s. 2005.

3.3 The payment in cash of overtime services through Overtime Pay may be authorized only in exceptional cases when the application of CTO for all overtime hours would adversely affect the operations of the agency

xxx

5.0 Authority and Flexibility Granted to Agency Heads

Agency heads are authorized to approve the rendition of overtime services and are granted the following flexibilities subject to the conditions and limitations prescribed in this Circular:

5.1 Determination of the priority activities that may warrant rendition of overtime services and the timing and duration thereof;

5.2 Determination of agency personnel who may be authorized to render overtime services; and

5.3 Determination of the number of hours of overtime services and the manner of compensating the same pursuant to items 3.2 and 3.3 hereof.

We hope we have been of service to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.