The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Appointment

1 year 4 months ago #11145 by Acs
Acs created the topic: Appointment

My appointment as permanent employee and considered as transferee from othet govt agency is still in process. As part of the reqts for appointment, I already handed them the approved transfer request effective Mar 7. Kaso wala parin ung appointment ko and effective tom separated n ko sa previous employer ko.

Pag may gap in service, transferrable parin ba ang leave credits?

Pag my gap even 1 week or 2 days automatic considered as resigned ba yun and back to 0 ang years of service sa govt?


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 4 months ago #11146 by Action Officer
Action Officer replied the topic: Appointment
Please be informed that as a matter of policy, the Commission does not render an opinion or advice on issues that may eventually be the subject of a complaint or appeal before it. This is especially so if the material facts necessary to a judicious adjudication of the issues are not fully presented or substantiated as in this case. This is to preclude the possibility of prejudgment should an actual case or appeal be commenced or instituted based on the said matters or issues.

Nevertheless, we refer your attention to Section 11 (c), Rule IV of the 2017 Omnibus Rules on Appointments and Other Human Resource Actions (2017 ORAOHRA), which provides that:

“c. xxx An employee who seeks transfer to another office shall notify the head of the department or agency in writing where he/she is employed at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of his/her transfer. The head of the department or agency shall notify the employee in writing of the approval of the request to transfer within 30 days from date of notice. xxx

If, for whatever reason, the employee fails to transfer on the specified date, he/she shall be deemed resigned. However, should the employee opt to remain in the same agency before the specified date of transfer, the employee may be reappointed if there is no gap in the service or reemployed if there is gap in the service. In both cases, the employee shall undergo the usual hiring process.”

Based on your representation, if there is a gap in the service, meaning the employee fails to transfer on the specified date, he/she shall be deemed resigned.

As to the transfer of leave credits, Section 47 of the Omnibus Rules on Leave provides that:

“When an official or employee transfers from one government agency to another, he can either have his accumulated vacation and/or sick leave credits commuted or transferred to his new agency.

“The second option can be exercised as a matter of right only by an employee who does not have gaps in his service. However, a gap of not more than one month may be allowed provided the same is not due to his fault.

“The option to transfer accumulated leave credits can be exercised within one (1) year only from the employee’s transfer to the new agency.”

We hope that we have enlightened you on the matter. Should you have any additional inquiry, you may visit our CSC Forum at www.csc.gov.ph/forum .

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum