ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question 2 appointments from 2 agencies

• Edmund Lajara
  • Edmund Lajara's Avatar Topic Author
2 years 10 months ago #8240 by Edmund Lajara
Edmund Lajara created the topic: 2 appointments from 2 agencies
Hi,

I applied for a couple of agencies, 1 after the other. I went thru couple of exams, selections, interviews, etc. Each agency has its own timeline. Now comes the tricky part:

I got the appointment(original) from 1 agency last month and has assumed duty. Last week I got the appointment papers from another agency with a higher JG, and obviously I like more. Can you please advise what should I do? Do I need to resign from the 1st agency to assume the appointment of the 2nd? Will there be no complication on my getting the appointment on the 2nd agency, being it written as original, when I had assumed an earlier original appointment a few days earlier? Can you please give advise, I like the 2nd more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #8246 by Action Officer
Action Officer replied the topic: 2 appointments from 2 agencies
Please be informed that as a matter of policy, the Commission refrains from rendering an opinion on matters that may be brought before it in the future by way of a complaint or an appeal.

Your attention is however invited to Section 8, Article IX of the Constitution provides that “no elective or appointive public officer or employee shall receive additional, double, or indirect compensation, unless specifically authorized by law.” Clearly, unless authorized by law, simultaneous regular employment to two agencies constitutes double compensation, which is prohibited under the Constitution.

May we also inform you that resignation is an act of an official or employee by which he/she voluntarily relinquishes in writing his/her position effective on a specific date. To constitute a complete and operative resignation of an official or employee, there must be a written intention to relinquish the office, the acceptance by the appointing officer/authority and a written notice of such acceptance duly served to the official or employee concerned.

Further, resignation shall be governed by the following rules:

"1. An official or employee is deemed to have tendered his/her resignation upon receipt by the appointing officer/authority of the former’s written resignation.

2. Pending receipt by the official or employee of the action taken by the appointing officer/authority on the resignation, the official or employee shall remain in office and retain all the powers, duties and responsibilities appurtenant thereto.

3. The appointing officer/authority shall act on the notice of resignation within 30 days from receipt thereof. In case the resignation of the official or employee remains unacted upon for 30 days from receipt of the formal letter of resignation by the appointing officer/authority, it shall be deemed complete and operative on the specified date of effectivity or 30 days from submission thereof, in cases where the effectivity date is not specified. It is understood, however, that the required clearance from money, property and work-related accountabilities shall be secured by the official or employee before or immediately after the date of effectivity of resignation.

4. In the interest of service, however, the appointing officer/authority may set a date of effectivity of the resignation, but in no case shall be earlier than the date specified in the letter of resignation or 30 days from submission thereof.

5. The acceptance of resignation is mandatory. The appointing officer/authority may suspend the effectivity date of resignation despite its initial written notice of acceptance due to any of the following reasons:
a. When the country is at war or when any other national or local emergency has been declared by the appropriate authority; and
b. When it is necessary to prevent loss of life or property or in case of imminent danger to public safety due to an actual or impending emergency caused by serious accidents, fire, flood, typhoon, earthquake, epidemic or other disaster or calamity.
c. A resignation previously suspended due to any of the abovementioned reasons shall nonetheless be effective 30 days after the circumstances causing the previous suspension has ceased as certified by the appropriate authority or the appointing officer/authority.

6. If the last day of the period given to the appointing officer/authority to act and furnish copy of the written action on the tendered resignation falls on a holiday or non-working day, copy of the written action shall be furnished the official or employee concerned on the next working day immediately following a holiday or non-working day.

7. The official or employee concerned may withdraw the tender of resignation any time prior to receipt of notice of acceptance of the resignation from the appointing officer/authority or before the lapse of the 30-day period given for the latter to act on the resignation, whichever comes first.

8. Until the resignation is accepted, the tender of resignation is revocable. Once the resignation is deemed complete and operative, the withdrawal thereof shall not automatically restore the employee to his/her former position.

9. The following documents shall be submitted to the CSC Field Office concerned within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the effectivity of the resignation, for record purposes:
a. the voluntary written notice of the employee informing the appointing officer/authority that he/she is relinquishing his/her position and the effectivity date of said resignation;
b. the acceptance of resignation in writing by the agency head or appointing officer/authority which shall indicate the date of effectivity of the resignation; and
c. the proof of notice of the acceptance of resignation to the employee.

10. An official or employee under investigation, except those prohibited by law , may be allowed to resign pending decision of his/her case without prejudice to the continuation of the proceedings until finally terminated."

It is hoped that we have been assistance to your concern.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.