ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Relevant experience and training

More
5 years 1 month ago #1673 by Lada
Lada created the topic: Relevant experience and training
Good day, I just want clarifications on the basis of relevant experience and training. Was it the duties and responsibilities of the specific position or the department/section as a whole?

The position I'm applying for is development management officer and the duties required by this specific position is on planning and research which I believe is related to the duties I had on my previous jobs. However, the department/section is Cutural Affairs which is mainly about cultural development and my previous job wasn't really related to culture.

I just want to know if relevant experience pertains to the duties and responsibilities or the department/section because someone told me I should have experiences related specifically to culture as its not actually based on duties.

I'm hoping you can shed light to my query as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #1681 by Action Officer 14
Action Officer 14 replied the topic: Relevant experience and training
Dear Lada,

Your attention is hereby invited to the following provisions in Rule VIII of the 2017 Omnibus Rules on Appointments and Other Human Resource Actions (Revised July 2018), to wit:

Part III. On Experience

Sec. 56. Experience refers to the previous jobs in either the government or private sector, whether full-time or part-time, which, as certified by the Human Resource Management Officer or authorized officials of the previous employer, are functionally related to the duties in the PDF of the position to be filled.

Part IV. On Training

Sec. 61. Training refers to formal or non-formal training courses and HRD interventions such as coaching, mentoring, job rotation, seminars, workshops, and others that are part of the employee’s Individual Development Plan/Career Development Plan. These trainings/learning and development interventions are intended to enable the candidate to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities as indicated in the PDF or Job Description (JD) of the position to be filled. These are evidenced by the Learning and Development Plan/Coaching and Mentoring Program approved by the agency head and Certificated issued by the HRMO or authorized official from the government or private sector.

We hope to have enlightened you on the matter.

More
2 years 2 months ago #9503 by Aera
Aera replied the topic: Relevant experience and training
Hi,

Just to confirm. Does the "relevant training" mentioned in the Job description necessarily mean that we have to attend CSC initiated trainings.
Also, would it be possible to apply for a government position when the previous job is from a private company.
Thank you.