ADVISORY!

The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Appointment

More
2 years 4 months ago #9144 by Aila
Aila created the topic: Appointment
Hi, inquiry about disapproved appointment. I already rendered service for a year since september 2020 but the news came and my appointment was disapproved, my appeal was denied. My service ended last september 2021. Then I was appointed by mid of October 2021. Will i Still be entitled to the 13th month pay and other benefits?

In Section 109 Rule XI of the 2017 ORAOHRA says that

" If the appointment, regardless of the status, is disapproved/invalidated on grounds which do not constitute a violation of pertinent laws as provided in item f, section 107 of this Rule, the same is considered effective until the disapproval/invalidation is affirmed by the CSC RO or the Commission. The services rendered shall be credited as government services and the appointee shall be entitled to the payment of salaries from the government as a de facto officer."

"The services credited shall be credited as government services"

Will I still be entitled of the 13th month pay and other benefits eventhough my previous appointment was disapproved?
Please I need a clear respond on this. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #9146 by Action Officer
Action Officer replied the topic: Appointment
Good day!

Relevant to your query is Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Budget Circular No. 2016-4 dated April 28, 2016 which states:

5.0 Definition of Terms

x x x

5.2 The total or aggregate service required from government personnel for the purpose of the grant of Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift shall include all actual services rendered while occupying a regular, contractual, or casual position in the national and/or local government, including leaves of absence with pay.

6.0 Guidelines on the Grant of Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift

6.1 The Year-End Bonus equivalent to one (1) month basic pay as of October 31 and Cash Gift of P5,000 shall be given to entitled government personnel not earlier than November 15 of the current year, subject to the following conditions:
6.1.1 Personnel has rendered at least a total or an aggregate of four (4) months of service from January 1 to October 31 of the current year; and
6.1.2 Personnel remains to be in the government service as of October 31 of the same year.

Furthermore, we recommend that the query be also raised for clarification before the DBM as it is the agency who issued the guidelines on the issuance of the year-end bonus.

We hope to have assisted you on this matter. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.