The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Question Leave

2 years 4 months ago #9828 by Paul Concepcion
Paul Concepcion created the topic: Leave
Good day po...

Ask ko lang po kung ano ang pwede i-file na LEAVE if the personnel ay naaksidente habang pauwi sa kanyang bahay galing sa kanyang duty? Serious Injury siya kaya need niya magpagaling. And if wala na siyang Leave Credits, leave without pay na ba siya?

Thank you po.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #10075 by Action Officer
Action Officer replied the topic: Leave
Dear Paul,

Thank you for using CSC Online Forum!

Please be informed that as a matter of policy, this Commission does not render opinion/ruling on issues that may eventually be a subject of a complaint or appeal before it.

Nevertheless, pertinent to your query is the Omnibus Rules on Leave (CSC MC No. 41, s. 1998) which provides, as follows:

Sec. 53. Application for sick leave. – All applications for sick leave of absence for one full day or more shall be made on the prescribed form and shall be filed immediately upon employee’s return from such leave. Notice of absence, however, should be sent to the immediate supervisor and/or to the agency head. Application for sick leave in excess of five (5) successive days shall be accompanied by a proper medical certificate.

Sick leave may be applied for in advance in cases where the official or employee will undergo medical examination or operation or advised to rest in view of ill health duly supported by a medical certificate.

In ordinary application for sick leave already taken not exceeding five days, the head of department or agency concerned may duly determine whether or not granting of sick leave is proper under the circumstances. In case of doubt, a medical certificate may be required.

Sec. 54. Approval of sick leave. – Sick leave shall be granted only on account of sickness or disability on the part of the employee concerned or of any member of his immediate family.

Sec. 55. Rehabilitation leave for job-related injuries. – Applications of officials and employees for leave of absence on account of wounds or injuries incured in the performance of duty must be made on the prescribed form, supported by the proper medical certificate and evidence showing that the wounds or injuries were incurred in the performance of duty. The head of department/agency concerned shall direct that absence of an employee during his period of disability thus occasioned shall be on full pay, but not to exceed six (6) months. He shall also authorize the payment of medical attendance, necessary transportation, subsistence and hospital fees of the injured person. Absence in the case contemplated shall not be charged against sick leave or vacation leave, if there are any.

Sec. 56. Leave without pay. – All absences of an official or employee in excess of his accumulated vacation or sick leave credits earned shall be without pay.

When an employee had already exhausted his sick leave credits, he can use his vacation leave credits but not vice versa.

Sec. 57. Limit of leave without pay. – Leave without pay not exceeding one year may be granted, in addition to the vacation and/or sick leave earned. Leave without pay in excess of one month shall require the clearance of the proper head of department or agency.

Hope to have guided you on the matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum