19 October 2022 - The Civil Service Commission (CSC) has released the list of the 41 semi-finalists to the 2022 Search for Outstanding Government Workers. The public is requested to send feedback, whether positive or negative, on the shortlisted nominees until 28 October 2022.
There are five (5) individual and eight (8) group semi-finalists for the Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award. For the Individual Category, they are:
Dionisio de Guzman Alvindia, Director IV/Scientist IV of the Philippine Center for Postharvest Development and Mechanization;
- Lilia Tan Habacon, Executive Director III, Philippine Science High School System;
- Michael Custodio Nagas, Administrative Assistant I, City Government of San Fernando, La Union;
- Dr. Ricardo Briones Runez Jr., Medical Center Chief II, Baguio General Hospital and Medical Center;
- Cynthia Palmes Saloma, Ph.D., Professor 12/Executive Director, Philippine Genome Center;
For the Group Category, the semi-finalists are:
- BSP Cash Service Alliance Core Team, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas;
- Digital Onboarding System Team, Land Bank of the Philippines (LBP);
- Health Beyond Bar, Bataan Peninsula State University;
- Persons with Disability Affairs Office, Municipal Government of Carmona, Cavite;
- Rice Business Innovation System Community Program, Philippine Rice Research Institute;
- Starbooks, Department of Science and Technology Science and Technology Information Institute;
- Tagum City’s “Agribeesness” Envoys, City Government of Tagum; and
- Women and Children Protection Center, Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center.
The Presidential Lingkod Bayan Award, which is conferred on an individual or group for exceptional or extraordinary contributions resulting from an idea or performance that had nationwide impact on public interest, security, and patrimony.
Meanwhile, there are seven (7) individuals and five (5) groups that made it as semi-finalists to the CSC Pagasa Award. For the Individual Category, they are:
- Ailene Batulan Añonuevo, Chief Education Supervisor, Department of Education (DepEd)-Schools Division of Panabo City;
- Lynda Lee Evangelio Baconguis, Education Program Specialist II-ALS, DepEd Schools Division of Davao de Oro;
- Edward Adolfo Barlaan, Professor VI, University of Southern Mindanao;
- Pablita Rasonabe Cabarles, Master Teacher I, Manga National High School in Tagbilaran City, Bohol;
- Dr. Fulbert Alec Rodriguez Gillego, City Government Department Head I (City Health Officer), City Government of Legazpi;
- Roquito Bagayao Panit, Head Teacher III, Dioryong Integrated School, Cabarroguis, Quirino;
- Roberto Peralta Ramirez Jr., Senior Tourism Operations Officer, City Government of San Jose Del Monte, Bulacan;
- For the Group Category, making it as semi-finalists are:
- Community-Based Rice Mushroom Production Team of the Bataan Peninsula State University;
- DA RFO 02 Women Food Safety Advocates 2.0, Department of Agriculture Regional Field Office No. 02;
- eGov Technical Team, Provincial Local Government Unit of Davao de Oro;
- GISing (GIS Integration), City Government of Tagum; and
- Share to Heal, Bukidnon State University.
The CSC Pagasa Award is conferred on an individual or group of five members for outstanding contribution/s resulting from an idea or performance that directly benefit more than one department of the government.
Sixteen (16) exemplary civil servants were hailed as semi-finalists for the Dangal ng Bayan Award. They are:
- Adeline Pedro Baarde, State Auditor IV, Commission on Audit Regional Office 2;
- Melinda Defacto Baterna, Assistant School Principal II, Handumanan National High School, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental;
- Mary Joy Quiatchon Biag, Head Teacher II, Pandaguirig Elementary School, Floridablanca, Pampanga;
- Georgina Morales Bulasa, Social Welfare Officer III, Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Field Office VIII;
- Rowan Lasalita Celestra, Elementary School Principal II, Buenavista Elementary School, Sorsogon City;
- PLT Col Mark Anthony Doromal Darroca, Police Superintendent, Philippine National Police (PNP) Regional Office VI;
- Thea Maria Rica Sumang del Rosario, Administrative Assistant II, DSWD Regional Office III;
- Reymond Decial Gonzales, Customer Associate, LBP Zamboanga Main Branch;
- Joli Panganiban Ilin, Master Teacher II, Buruanga Elementary School, Aklan;
- Adrian Anareta Jandusay, Planning Officer II, Municipality of Sampaloc, Quezon;
- Ju-im Tefora Jimlan, Head Teacher I, Tamalagon Integrated School, Tangalan, Aklan;
- Antonio Loterte Morada, Librarian II, Curriculum and Learning Management Division, DepEd Regional Office V;
- Rizalina Ramos Nacpil, Teacher III, San Manuel Elementary School, Tarlac City;
- PLT Shiela May Swain Pansoy, PNP Regional Office XI;
- Dr. Annie Claire Botengan Pekas, Medical Specialist III, Luis Hora Memorial Regional Hospital; and
- Francis Rabe Ribleza, Customer Care Officer, LBP.
The Dangal ng Bayan Award is conferred on an individual for performance of an extraordinary act or public service and consistent demonstration of exemplary ethical behavior on the basis of observance of the eight norms of conduct provided under Republic Act No. 6713 or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees.
The public may send feedback on the semi-finalists through the following modes:
- HAP Secretariat email:
- Contact Center ng Bayan SMS: 0908-8816565
CSC Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/civilservicegovph
The CSC, through its Regional and Field Offices, received a total of 408 nominations. The nominations were screened and deliberated upon by each CSC RO’s Regional Committee on Awards, composed of the Regional Director, Assistant Regional Director, Public Assistance and Liaison Division Chief, and two representatives from the Regional Multi-Sectoral Advisory Council, the Regional Council on Human Resource Management Practitioners, or the academe. The regional screening yielded 147 regional winners.
The regional winners’ nominations were further evaluated by the National Honor Awards Program (HAP) Secretariat, leading to 105 national qualifiers. These were then deliberated upon by the National Committees on Awards, namely, the Committee on the Presidential or Lingkod Bayan and CSC Pagasa Awards, and the Committee on the Dangal ng Bayan Award. The national level screening produced the abovementioned 41 semi-finalists.
After getting additional information on the semi-finalists, the National Committees will once again convene to decide who will make it as CSC Pagasa and Dangal ng Bayan awardees, and Presidential Lingkod Bayan finalists who will be endorsed to the Office of the President for further vetting and selection of winners.