The views and opinions expressed in this forum are those of the online action officers and not necessarily those of the Office for Legal Affairs or the Commission on CSC laws, rules and regulations. Also, be reminded that the views of the action officer is a mere advice that does not bind the office.

When posting, you agree that the administrator has the right to delete your posts or ban your account without prior warning in case of non-observance of any of the guidelines.
Guidelines to clients:

1. Please browse the frequently asked questions first to see if there are already the same or related questions that were asked on your query/ies;
2. Official response to issues shall be provided by the concerned office of the Commission, not through this forum;
3. Requests for the status of the case is not allowed in this forum;
4. Questions regarding the scheduled CSC examination will be deleted;
5. This forum is categorized according to subject matter. Please post your queries in appropriate category;
6. Post a descriptive topic name. Give a short summary of your problem/s;
7. No spam in this forum. Your posts will be deleted and your account will be banned without prior warning;
8. Refrain from posting pictures and offensive words or links. Violation of this rule shall give the administrator the right to delete your posts and ban your account without prior warning;
9. Please report to administrators if you see a user violating any of this guidelines;
10. Be respectful to the administrators and users; and
11. Please avoid text-message style substitution of words like “r” for “are” and “u” for “you”. If your message is difficult to understand the administrator shall inform you to rewrite your message.

Deleted Next step when City Vice-Mayor/Mayor is not able to resolve a complaint?

  • Mikash
  • Mikash's Avatar Topic Author
2 years 8 months ago #8402 by Mikash
Mikash created the topic: Next step when City Vice-Mayor/Mayor is not able to resolve a complaint?
Where to escalate an RA 6713 formal and written complaints against a casual government employee if Office of the Mayor and Vice-Mayor failed to pacify and resolve the complaints?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #8424 by Action Officer
Action Officer replied the topic: Next step when City Vice-Mayor/Mayor is not able to resolve a complaint?
Good day,

Please be informed that as a matter of policy, the Commission does not render an opinion or advice on issues that may eventually be the subject of a complaint or appeal before it.

You did not specify in your letter whether there was an investigation conducted or if the Mayor/ Vice Mayor already issued a show-cause order.
This is so because of the issue on jurisdiction. Rule 2 of the 2017 Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service provides:

"Section 9. Jurisdiction of Disciplining Authorities. The disciplining authorities of agencies and local government units shall have original concurrent jurisdiction with the Commission over their respective officials and employees. Their decisions shall be final in case the penalty imposed is suspension for not more than thirty (30) days or fine in an amount not exceeding thirty (30) days salary subject to Section 7(A)(5) of these Rules. In case the decision rendered by a bureau or office head is appealable to the Commission, the same may be initially appealed to the department and finally to the Commission and pending appeal, the same shall be executory except when the penalty is dismissal from the service, in which case the same shall be executory only after confirmation by the Secretary concerned."

If the Mayor or Vice Mayor already took cognizance of the case, the CSC ROs or the Commission proper can no longer assume jurisdiction. It is only when the case is terminated on their level that the complainant or party adversely affected may file an Appeal before us.

We hope to have guided you on the matter.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum